Rowing NSW Commission & Committee Structure
CommissionsAudit & Risk Commission
CommitteesMaritime RNSW Steering Committee
State Event Management Committee
The role of the Governance and Audit Committee is to assist RNSW & the Board to meet its oversight responsibilities in relation to RNSW’s financial reporting, internal control structure, risk management procedures and the internal & external audit function:
- Finance and Financial Reporting
- Compliance with legal, statutory and fiduciary requirements
Vacant - Director
Vacant - Director
Kirsten Liljeqvist - Independent member
RNSW Finance Officer
Commission Meeting – April
Club Treasurers meeting – May
- Overview elite development programs - development of policy and strategy
- Competitive rowing pathways - youth
- Provide recommendations to facilitate elite development / youth rowing strategic objectives
- National Talent Identification (NTID) program
- Management of NSWIS and NRCE relations and structure
- State Team selection management and policies
- Development of Selectors Job Descriptions
- Annual review of the Selection Policy, Post Event State Team’s Performance Evaluation, and the Appeals Policy
Terry O'Hanlon - Chairman of Selectors
Alan Bennett - RNSW Sports Development Manager
Lizzi Chapman - Rowing Manager NSWIS
- High Performance Committee
- Selectors (Interstate Regatta)
- Selectors (Masters)
Currently NSW Maritime hosts a bi monthly forum for representatives to attend and discuss safety and waterways access issues:
- Dedicated passive recreation areas on Sydney Harbour.
- Expansion of recreational power boating on Sydney Harbour and Middle Harbour.
- Increased access to Waterfront development for increasing rowing facilities.
- Safety issues. Rower v other passive craft. Rower v power boats. Rower v Commercial craft. As waterways become increasingly crowded, develop and manage safety standards.
Murray Clarke - Maritime Delegate
As determined by NSW Maritime - Approx 6 times per year
To promote RNSW events as a key component of Rowing's business development strategy through the establishment of well structured commercialised event business plans.
- Ensure consistency and quality of Rowing NSW Events
- Exploit commercial opportunities by establishing business partnerships within Masters membership
- Provide event management tools to the club including the opportunity to run major events
- Facilitate the ongoing growth of the competition structure to allow for strategic growth within the sport
RNSW Regatta Operations Manager
RNSW Event Manager
RNSW Member Liaison Officer
The State Event Management Committee will take a lead role in the event management of all regattas conducted in NSW.
Rowing NSW relies heavily on
the support of a number of
and Service Providers more...